(Dissident ex-High Ranking Members of Mek)
Strongly condemn the attempted terrorist act targeted at Mek’s gathering in Paris.
NTCM (No to Terrorism and Cults Association Movement-Europe), the movement of the dissident ex-members, commanders, the leadership council members and ex-members of the National Council of Resistance, defected from the Masoud and Maryam Rajavi’s terrorist cult organization (Mek, Mujahedin e Khalg), strongly condemn any terrorist acts and even attempts to commit such acts against this cult.
In the event of the truth of the news published in the media about such an attempt and the three arrests in this regard, as a crime against humanity which could have endangered lives of innocent people, would only benefit Masoud Rajavi and his cult, who has gone into hiding to escape facing the justice for his four decades of terrorist crimes in Iran against Iranians, in Iraq against Iraqis and against Mek’s own members.
Since such attempted acts clearly provide legitimization for an illegitimate and highly condemned cult by Iranians around the globe, plus providing excuse for their past and future terrorist crimes led by Maryam Rajavi and Masoud Rajavi, strongly manifests the coherence of inhuman interests of some of the fascist factions of the Iranian Regime with the Mek cult’s against the highest interests of the Iranian peaceful and freedom loving people’s movement on going in Iran.
July 3, 2018
Mr. Davood Baghervand Arshad the President of NTCM
An Ex-high ranking member of Mujahedin-e Khalq (Mek) and National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) for 30 years, and present Human Rights activist and president of No to Terrorism and Cults Movement Association (NTCM).
Date of Birth: December 12, 1956
Place of Birth: Tehran, Iran
Primary and High school Tehran Iran.(1962-1974)
A-Levels, Bolton Institute of Technology, Bolton-England (1974-1976)
Civil Engineer, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds-England (1976-1980)
Mr. Arshad finished his high school in Tehran and was sent to UK by his family in Sept. 1974 for further education.
Political Activities at the Shah’s time:
Mek (Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK) or the People’s Mujahidin Organization of Iran (PMOI) posing as a freedom fighter recruited Mr. Arshad in 1977 while he was a young student with love and passion for freedom and democracy for his country at the Shah’s time.
Positions in Mek
Mr. Arshad was co-founder and head of “the Iranian Students abroad based in London” (A student organization outside Iran supporting Mek). (1977-1982)
• Head of Mek’s Turkish branch (1982 to 1983)
• Head of Mek’s Pakistan branch (1983-1985)
• Head of Operations Headquarters office of MEK in Iraq (1985 to 1986)
Present at the Mek’s meeting with Yasser Arafat in Baghdad.
• Personal bodyguard of Masoud and Maryam Rajavi (1986-1987)
- Head of Staff of the Mujahedeen Central Command in Baghdad (1987-1988)
- In this year while Mr. Arshad holding deputy central Committee rank, criticize the Leadership for their behavior towards the members and neglecting their basic Human Rights in a letter to Masoud Rajavi hoping to improve the Human Rights behavior of Mek. Masoud Rajavi responds with branding Mr. Arshad “an anti-organizational bourgeois element and sends him to labor camp for criticizing the organization in East of Baghdad. (1988-1991)
- Deputy Head of Mek’s UK branch when Maryam Rajavi was in France. (1992-1996)
Head and Trustee of Mek’s “Iran Aid Charity” in London a fund raising organization in Europe under the guise of helping children without parents in Iran.
- Taking part at Maryam Rajavi’s meeting with Yasser Arafat in Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel in London.
- Taking part at Maryam Rajavi’s meeting with English foreign office officials at Maryam Rajavi’s place in London.
- Mek’s connection person with British security officials in London while Maryam Rajavi was in UK.
- Responsible for organizing the Maryam Rajavi’s Dortmund gathering.
- Head of digitalization of Basra branch of Mek in southern Iraq.
- Responsible for organizing Mek’s Lyon world cup campaign in France. 1998
- Head of Civil Engineering division of Mek in Ashraf Camp. (1998-2001)
Sept 11 and defecting MEK
- After Mr. and Mrs. Rajavi’s open support for the terrorist September 11 barbaric act Mr. Arshad asked to leave Mek denouncing Mek’s support, where he was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment. Mr. Arshad could only escape after US led coalition took over Iraq and Camp Ashraf where he took refuge in US Army in 2003.
- Arshad is now a human rights activist and the president of No to Terrorism and Cults Movement Association (NTCM) based in Cologne Germany.