Dear Mr. Roald Sturla Næss
I am Davood B. Arshad a UK educated Civil Engineer who was recruited by Mek while I was a university student in England in 1977.
I have recently read your very highly informative, deeply understood, thorough and influential analytical article published in Dagens Næringslivon on 27.11.2018 about an extremist Iranian Organization (Mek-PMOI) which I have served as a high ranking member and also member of its so called NCRI for more than 3 decades. no need to say that NCRI coupled with Maryam Rajavi’s soft language are the show window of Mek to hide its extremism towards contemporary human’s civilization, which has not only been able to convince Iranians but had little effect in Europe the last trench defending democracy and human rights…
I must admit that one very rarely comes across a factual political-social analyses about Mek that are not influenced by the Mek’s highly financed propaganda machine, or their very highly paid lobbies that paves the ground to overlook the real nature of Mek. That’s why as an insider to Mek with long years of involvement in its international propaganda machine, found your article very highly principled and genuine. Mek, to my experience, full forcedly goes against the authors of any article, critic of them, to force them to retreat from their principles by taking their conscience hostage, and your daring article must have been on the top of their agenda. Mek’s well known tactic is branding any critic no matter who the person might be “an agent of the Iranian regime”. The tactic that is even being used against members inside Mek. Which is the only answer of Mek to the critics.
Let me add that, 2018 was a year of hundreds of reports on Mek, a darling of Washington Conservatives which has set up what critics such as Retired Colonel Ylli Zyla, a former Albanian counter-terror and intelligence official that has become an MEK watcher describe as “a state within a state” inside Albania and their Mafia like atrocities against its dissident members as well as against the people of Albania, that not only shocked the Albanians but also caused great embarrassment for the Mek leader Maryam Rajavi and her guardian, “the US embassy” in Tirana.
Shocking Reports not only by almost all Albanian media but by even English Independent newspaper and also Channel 4 TV reporters each from a different angel, reported that:
“MEK are behaving in Albania like a mafia – breaking laws, blackmailing, paying people off, beating people, threatening defectors, accusing anyone who questions them of being an Iranian agent and controlling their members in the camp through Stalinist totalitarian methods and yet call themselves democrats that are in Albania to take democracy to Iran.”
Members or rather ex-members like me who have been educated in Europe were exploited in order to deceive the West about the real nature of MEK. Mek in the last four decades that has been cut off from Iranian society due to their terrorism inside their country, collaboration with the Iraq’s ruler Saddam Hossein, has learned how to deceive journalists, individuals, and uninformed politicians by staging shows to white wash their real nature and cultic behavior of cutting all members from outside world including from their children, parents, brothers and sisters ,…
These children are controlled by a group of Mek assassins that long before the present regime was established, have been in the business of assassinating US officials that before supporting Mek used to support the Shah of Iran.
The big questions are, why when you talk to these people inside MEK (of course at the presence of controlling members) they look so dedicated, so determined, so enthusiastic towards their well-orchestrated propaganda of defending democracy and freedom, but such determination does not buy them enough credit so that Maryam Rajavi would allow them to meet with people outside their cult, their families, a journalist, … alone. On the other hand, why Maryam Rajavi is so determined to hide such members?!! Why force them to be separated from their loved ones (from wife or husband and even their children)? How do they justify their full support for Sept 11 barbaric act, which when I objected to Mek’s support and demanded leaving Mek, was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment.
I will be more than glad to put at your possession all my thirty years of inside experience about Mek.
Davood B. Arshad
Dagens Næringslivon Newspaper editor in Chief
Who is Davood Baghervand Arshad Critic of the Mek
Mr. Davood Baghervand Arshad
An Ex-high ranking member of Mujahedin-e Khalq (Mek) and National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) for 30years, and present Human Rights activist and president of No to Terrorism and Cults Movement Association (NTCM).
Date of Birth: December 12, 1956
Place of Birth: Tehran, Iran
Primary and High school Tehran Iran.(1972-1974)
A-Levels, Bolton Institute of Technology, Bolton-England (1974-1976)
Civil Engineer, Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds-England (1976-1980)
Mr. Arshad finished his high school in Tehran and was sent to UK by his family in Sept. 1974 for further education.
Political Activities at the Shah’s Era:
Mek (Mujahedin-e Khalq, MEK) or the People’s Mujahidin Organization of Iran (PMOI) posing as a freedom fighter recruited Mr. Arshad in 1977 while he was a young student with love and passion for freedom and democracy for his country at the Shah’s time.
Positions in Mek
Mr. Arshad was:
• Co-founder and head of “the Iranian Students abroad” (A student organization supporting Mek outside Iran) based in London. (1977-1982)
• Head of Mek’s Turkish branch (1982 to 1983)
• Head of Mek’s Pakistan branch (1983-1985)
• Head of Operations Headquarters office of MEK in Iraq (1985 to 1986)
Present at the Mek’s meeting with Yasser Arafat in Baghdad.
• Personal bodyguard of Masoud and Maryam Rajavi (1986-1987)
- Head of Staff of the Mujahedeen Central Command in Baghdad (1987-1988)
- In this year while Mr. Arshad holding deputy central Committee rank, criticize the Leadership for their behavior towards the members and neglecting their basic Human Rights in a letter to Masoud Rajavi hoping to improve the Human Rights behavior of Mek. Masoud Rajavi responds with branding Mr. Arshad “an anti-organizational bourgeois element and sends him to labor camp for criticizing the organization in East of Baghdad. (1988-1991)
- Deputy Head of Mek’s UK branch when Maryam Rajavi was in France. (1992-1996)
Head and Trustee of Mek’s “Iran Aid Charity” in London a fund raising organization in Europe under the guise of helping children without parents in Iran.
- Taking part at Maryam Rajavi’s meeting with Yasser Arafat in Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel in London.
- Taking part at Maryam Rajavi’s meeting with English foreign office officials at Maryam Rajavi’s place in London.
- Mek’s connection person with British security officials in London while Maryam Rajavi was in UK.
- Responsible for organizing the Maryam Rajavi’s Dortmund gathering.
- Head of digitalization of Basra branch of Mek in southern Iraq.
- Responsible for organizing Mek’s Lyon world cup campaign in France. 1998
- Head of Civil Engineering division of Mek in Ashraf Camp. (1998-2001)
Sept 11 and defecting MEK
- After Mr. and Mrs. Rajavi’s open support for the terrorist September 11 barbaric act Mr. Arshad asked to leave Mek denouncing Mek’s support, where he was sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment. Mr. Arshad could only escape after US led coalition took over Iraq and Camp Ashraf where he took refuge in US Army in 2003.
- Arshad is now a human rights activist and the president of No to Terrorism and Cults Movement Association (NTCM) based in Cologne Germany.
Meeting with Mrs. Patricai Lalonde MEP